Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default mutiple formulas .

How do I put more than one formula in a cell! ie,. creat a year in a cell, by
adding one to the previous cell, then tell it to format other cells if it
=2005
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

How do I put more than one formula in a cell

-- you can't, only one formula can be used as value

However it seems like you are trying to do 2 things that xl can do:
1. enter a formula for the value
2. create a conditional formatting

Say cell A2 contains a number. You want cell B2 (same row) to contain A2+1,
and tyo be green if it is equal to 2005.
1. Formual for Value
in B2, enter : =A2+1
(if A2 contains a full date, use the formula: = YEAR(A2)+1 instaed)
2. Conditional formatting:
- make sure B2 is selected
- goto menu FormatConditional Formatting, the Cond. Format dialog pops up.
- choose "Cell Value Is" in the fiorst drop down, then "Equals To", then
enter 2005.
- click the Format button and choose a format, eg red font (will be apply
when condition is true)
- click Ok to close the dialog.
Done.

Sébastien