-   -   Stopping formula computations during entering data... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/346923-stopping-formula-computations-during-entering-data.html)

Volker Hetzer

Stopping formula computations during entering data...

Hi!
We've got a sheet with lots of data and want to insert lots of
formulas using VBScript. Now, every time we insert a formula
the whole sheet gets recomputed and the thing runs three hours.
Is there a way to make Excel stop calculating and turn it on later?
Lots of Greetings!
Volker

Niek Otten

Stopping formula computations during entering data...

ToolsOptionsCalculation, check Manual.
In VBA: Application.Calculation = xlManual

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Volker Hetzer" wrote in message
Hi!
We've got a sheet with lots of data and want to insert lots of
formulas using VBScript. Now, every time we insert a formula
the whole sheet gets recomputed and the thing runs three hours.
Is there a way to make Excel stop calculating and turn it on later?
Lots of Greetings!
Volker

Norman Jones

Stopping formula computations during entering data...

Hi Volker,

Try:

'Your code

---
Regards,
Norman

"Volker Hetzer" wrote in message
Hi!
We've got a sheet with lots of data and want to insert lots of
formulas using VBScript. Now, every time we insert a formula
the whole sheet gets recomputed and the thing runs three hours.
Is there a way to make Excel stop calculating and turn it on later?
Lots of Greetings!
Volker

Volker Hetzer

Stopping formula computations during entering data...

Norman Jones wrote:
Hi Volker,

Try:

'Your code