-   -   Searching for Boolean Cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/346819-searching-boolean-cells.html)

Chris Gorham

Searching for Boolean Cells

Hi,

I'm using the following statement to set an object equal to the boolean
cells in a worksheet. After that I can colour them to identify their
location. However if there are no such cells in the worksheet an error is
generated. I could use resume next and clear the errors but a neater way
would obviously be a test for the existence of boolean cells before the
colouring loop is entered

dim cellcollection as object
Set cellCollection = Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, xlLogical)
For Each cell In cellCollection
ActiveSheet.Cells(cell.Row, cell.Column).Interior.ColorIndex =
booleanColour
Next cell

Suggestions...Thanks Chris

Gary''s Student

Searching for Boolean Cells

You don't need to rely on an error:

Sub Macro1()
Dim cell As Range
For Each cell In Selection
If Application.IsLogical(cell.Value) Then
cell.Interior.ColorIndex = 3
End If
Next cell
Gary''s Student