-   -   two things at once? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/346790-two-things-once.html)

evanzo

two things at once?

I am trying to make a game with Excel. It's a word game, and part of it
is you have to type in a word before the game timer elapses. The timer
is the easy part. I am using a Do While Loop and a timer to subtract a
second off the game timer every second. The problem is you can't type
into a cell while the timer is running. I have added DoEvents to allow
other processes, but typing tends to stop the timer.

I thought I'd see if anyone had any ways around Excel's apparent
inability to do two things at once.

--
evanzo
evanzo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29167

Robin Hammond[_2_]

two things at once?

There's a vba implementation of the visual basic timer on my site that will
sort you out.

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com

"evanzo" wrote in
message ...

I am trying to make a game with Excel. It's a word game, and part of it
is you have to type in a word before the game timer elapses. The timer
is the easy part. I am using a Do While Loop and a timer to subtract a
second off the game timer every second. The problem is you can't type
into a cell while the timer is running. I have added DoEvents to allow
other processes, but typing tends to stop the timer.

I thought I'd see if anyone had any ways around Excel's apparent
inability to do two things at once.

--
evanzo
evanzo's Profile: