-   -   Can I identify a number from text in a list? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/346655-can-i-identify-number-text-list.html)

Ron[_32_]

Can I identify a number from text in a list?

Hi all,

How can I identify what is a number and what is text & number in a list?

I have a long list of values like so..

t4
f0
c6
a6
14
n5
t5
t6
12
e6
e8
a1
e1
12
e8
11
11

As the list is populated the numbers end up to the right of the cell,
obviously being identified as numbers by excel. I want to differentiate
between these numbers and the number & text values in the other cells.

Could someone point me to a method please?

Ron

Niek Otten

Can I identify a number from text in a list?

Use the ISNUMBER() function

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Ron" wrote in message
[...]

Niek,

Thankyou, just what I needed.

Ron

"Niek Otten" wrote in news:u7WnwNp8FHA.3200
@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:

Use the ISNUMBER() function