Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problem saving to network drive

Good morning, all,

I posted a similar question a few days ago, but I think it might have got
lost, so I'll try again.
I have a number of workbooks that contain a macro to save to a network drive
and a macro to save to a local drive.

If I open a workbook and run its networksave macro, I get a runtime message
1004 "Cannot access file xxx.xls"

If however I open the workbook, first run its localsave macro (which runs
OK) and THEN run the networksave macro, then everything is OK.

I can then run the networksave macro as often as I want, but if I close the
file and open it again, the problem reoccurs.

I'm not going to post the code as, since it runs OK after I've done a local
save, I don't think there can be anything "wrong" with it. As the problem
occurs over a number of different workbooks, I don't think that it's a
workbook corruption issue, either. And nobody else has the workbooks open.

Can ANYONE help, please?

Yours in desperation

Pete

Can anyone sugge