-   -   opening files with vba (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/346404-opening-files-vba.html)

massoud

opening files with vba

Hi there.
I want to open text files with vba in excel. As long as the file is i
the My Documents folder, I have no problem. When the file is in anothe
folder and another drive, and I have to give the path of the file, I us
the chdir() function. However this doesn't work. ( actaually sometime
it does and sometimes it doesn't) .

Thanks for the advise

--
massou
massoud's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2903

funkymonkUK[_80_]

opening files with vba

have you tried application.getopenfilename

--
funkymonkU
funkymonkUK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1813

Jean-Yves[_2_]

opening files with vba

HI,

You have to change the ndrive as well before changing the folder.

Regards
JY

"massoud" wrote in
message ...

Hi there.
I want to open text files with vba in excel. As long as the file is in
the My Documents folder, I have no problem. When the file is in another
folder and another drive, and I have to give the path of the file, I use
the chdir() function. However this doesn't work. ( actaually sometimes
it does and sometimes it doesn't) .

Thanks for the advise.

--
massoud