-   -   VBA is odd function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/346290-vba-odd-function.html)

Robert Dieckmann

VBA is odd function

Is there a function in VBA that is equivalent to the isodd function in
Excel? If one of my text values is odd I need to print a certain range, if
even another range. I am using Excel 2000.
Bob

Dyl

VBA is odd function

You could use the mod operator which finds the remainder. So if a
number is divided by 2 and the remainder is 1, then it is odd. If a
number is divided by 2 and the remainder is 0, then it is even.

Try this:

Temp = Val("Text") <--Put text in number format

If Temp Mod 2 = 1 Then <--Odd

Else '<---Even

Norman Jones

VBA is odd function

Hi Bob,

If n Mod 2 = 1 Then
' n is odd

---
Regards,
Norman

"Robert Dieckmann" wrote in message
Is there a function in VBA that is equivalent to the isodd function in
Excel? If one of my text values is odd I need to print a certain range,
if even another range. I am using Excel 2000.
Bob

Robert Dieckmann

VBA is odd function

I am still having some trouble implementing this.

I use a text box on a form to enter a value into the spreadsheet using the
control source- txtHt.value = 25 for example.

the following code prints out A53:AI104 like I want it to.

If chkBld.Value = True Then
Odd = Val("25")
If Odd Mod 2 = 1 Then
Sheets("Buildup").Select
Range("A53:AI104").Select
Selection.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True
Else
Sheets("Buildup").Select
Range("A1:AI52").Select
Selection.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True

These always print out A1:AI52 (the rest of the code being the same)
Odd = Val(txtHt)
Odd = Val("txtHt")

These give me an object required error
Odd = Val(txtHt.Value)
Odd = txtHt.Value

What I am I missing?
Bob

"Dyl" wrote in message
ups.com...
You could use the mod operator which finds the remainder. So if a
number is divided by 2 and the remainder is 1, then it is odd. If a
number is divided by 2 and the remainder is 0, then it is even.

Try this:

Temp = Val("Text") <--Put text in number format

If Temp Mod 2 = 1 Then <--Odd

Else '<---Even

John Coleman

VBA is odd function

Robert Dieckmann wrote:
[...]

Hi,

The only way I can figure out how you are getting an "object required"
error at the line Odd = Val(txtHt.Value) is if you are not using option
explicit and if you have mistyped the name of the textbox. Check the
name in the properties of the textbox. Val wouldn't throw such an error
but txtHt.value might.

Hope that helps

-John Coleman

-John Coleman