-   -   Getting Access Query Data to Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/345991-getting-access-query-data-excel.html)

SteveTyco

Getting Access Query Data to Excel

Hi All. I have an Excel add-in function that gets data from access. It
works fine until the access query has a custom function - the query craps out
because it cannot find the fuction; the function is setup in access with a
reference to my "library.mda" file. The query runs fine from access, but not
when I try to openrecordset from excel.

Public Function GetRsFromAccess(sheetname As String, dbname As String,
dbpath As String, rsname As String, pasteintocell As String)

Dim db As DAO.database
Dim rs As DAO.Recordset

Set db = OpenDatabase(dbpath & dbname)
Set rs = db.OpenRecordset(rsname)

I get the Error Message:
Error Number: 3085
Error Description: Undefined function 'Convert711ToStripped171' in
expression."

Thanks for the help.