-   -   How to tell what textbox got the focus (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/345926-how-tell-what-textbox-got-focus.html)

vqthomf

How to tell what textbox got the focus

Hi I have a form with two textboxes and a button that I want to use to paste
into the textboxes for another source, I have tried to use gotfocus with the
textbox but I can't get it to work can someone please show how I can do this
thanks.
TIA
Charles

chijanzen

How to tell what textbox got the focus

vqthomf:

try ?

r = Len(TextBox1.Text)
TextBox1.SetFocus
TextBox1.SelStart = 0
TextBox1.SelLength = r
TextBox1.Paste

--
天行健,君*以自強不息
地勢坤,君*以厚德載物

http://www.vba.com.tw/plog/

"vqthomf" wrote:

Hi I have a form with two textboxes and a button that I want to use to paste
into the textboxes for another source, I have tried to use gotfocus with the
textbox but I can't get it to work can someone please show how I can do this
thanks.
TIA
Charles

Tom Ogilvy

How to tell what textbox got the focus

Try this:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
MsgBox Me.ActiveControl.Name
End Sub

so ActiveControl returns a reference to the selected control (textbox).
However, you must change the TakeFocusOnClick property of the commandbutton
to False otherwise ActionControl will refer to the commandbutton itself.

Tom Ogilvy