-   -   Selecting part of a column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/345768-selecting-part-column.html)

Mike

Selecting part of a column

I need to format a number to for decimal in all of column H and K and only
G13 to the end of the G column how do I do this?

Mike

Dave Peterson

Selecting part of a column

Type this in the name box (to the left of the formula bar)

h:h,k:k,G13:G65536
hit enter
format|cells|number tab
choose the format you like.

--

Dave Peterson

Toppers

Selecting part of a column

Mike,
I would think the difference is minimal.

"Mike" wrote:

Thanks for that that's just what I needed.

Is it faster if I am formatting say 200 rows of data to format the whole
column or to use the Rows.Count and only format the rows with data i them??

Thanks
Mike

"Toppers" wrote:

Mike,

Range("H:H,K:K,G13:G" & Rows.Count).NumberFormat = "0.000"

Format with 3 decimal places

HTH