-   -   Alter Account numbers (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/345764-alter-account-numbers.html)

ann

Alter Account numbers

I have a list of approx 9000 account numbers that are in the format:

#####-###-### (ex: 35000-455-876)

I would like to add "03-" to the front of the numbers and delete the last
"-###", so the final format would be:
03-#####-### (ex: 03-35000-455)

Any suggestions? I can't seem to figure out the concantenate function.

Thanks!
Ann

Toppers

Alter Account numbers

Ann,

Assume data is in A2 then in b2 put:

="03-" & LEFT(A2,9)

Change cells(Columns) as needed and copy this formula as required.

HTH

"Ann" wrote:

I have a list of approx 9000 account numbers that are in the format:

#####-###-### (ex: 35000-455-876)

I would like to add "03-" to the front of the numbers and delete the last
"-###", so the final format would be:
03-#####-### (ex: 03-35000-455)

Any suggestions? I can't seem to figure out the concantenate function.

Thanks!
Ann

Don Guillett[_4_]

Alter Account numbers

or a macro to do all
Sub fixnumbers()
'="03-" & LEFT(A2,9)
For Each c In Selection
c.Value = "03-" & Left(c, 9)
Next c

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Ann" wrote:

I have a list of approx 9000 account numbers that are in the format:

#####-###-### (ex: 35000-455-876)

I would like to add "03-" to the front of the numbers and delete the last
"-###", so the final format would be:
03-#####-### (ex: 03-35000-455)

Any suggestions? I can't seem to figure out the concantenate function.

Thanks!
Ann

ann

Alter Account numbers

Thanks! That was so incredibly easy! I was trying to make to much work of it.

Thanks,
Ann