-   -   PivotFields problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/345761-pivotfields-problem.html)

Tim

PivotFields problem

Hi folks,

I use the following code to get the items of PivotFields("Managers"). It
works ok but not exactly what I am looking for. In the
PivotFields("Managers"), I hide some of the items which I dont want to show
on the list. Could anyone show me the way to exclude the hidden items? Any
help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Tim.

Sub Macro1()

Set nwSheet = Worksheets.Add
nwSheet.Activate

rw = 0
For Each pvtitem In Sheets("Sheet1").PivotTables("PivotTable1") _
.PivotFields("Managers").PivotItems
rw = rw + 1
nwSheet.Cells(rw, 1).Value = pvtitem.Name

Next

End Sub

Tom Ogilvy

PivotFields problem

Sub Macro1()

Set nwSheet = Worksheets.Add
nwSheet.Activate

rw = 0
For Each pvtitem In Sheets("Sheet1").PivotTables("PivotTable1") _
.PivotFields("Managers").PivotItems
if pvtItem.Visible then
rw = rw + 1
nwSheet.Cells(rw, 1).Value = pvtitem.Name
End if
Next

Tom Ogilvy

"Tim" wrote in message
[...]

Hi Tom,

The code only give me one manager which is not right. For example, I have
nine managers. I hide 3 of them. I am expecting 6 manager on the new sheet.
Could you help me?

Thanks.

Tim.

"Tim" wrote in message
[...]

I would expect that to work. If you want to send me a copy of your workbook
setup to so that if I run the macro I get incorrect results, then I will see
if I can figure out what is going on.

Tom Ogilvy