-   -   Excel Import problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/345336-excel-import-problem.html)

jayender.vs[_7_]

Excel Import problem

Hi,
I am importing my Excel data in SQL, problem is the first row of th
Excel sheet is not imported into the database. i think this is becaus
of theheader problem... i haven't given any header so i guess the firs
row is taken as Header and the value is not taken... actually speakin
there is no header to this Excel sheet and i need all the values to b
import into the database.
how to do it?
waiting for ur reply .
thanks,
jay

--
jayender.v
jayender.vs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2864

Kalpesh[_2_]

Excel Import problem

Jayender,

How are you trying to import the rows (by means of code or any tool
that does it)
If code, please post a snippet of it

Kalpesh

jayender.vs[_8_]

Excel Import problem

I am npot doing it by any means of code.. u got an Data Transformation
Services in SQL, with the help am imporing the data.

while doing that the first row is not added to the database

--
jayender.vs
jayender.vs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28640

Kalpesh[_2_]

Excel Import problem

Hi,

I guess that is the limitation with DTS. Whereby you cannot tell DTS to
NOT consider 1st row as the field name

IMO, it will be better to write VB code which transfers data from excel
to your db using ADO
Does this help ?

Kalpesh

jayender.vs[_10_]

Excel Import problem

Ya it does help .
but not much .. am not writing any scrips in VB or something like
that.

anyway thatks dude !!