-   -   Vanishing ActiveX Controls (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/345269-vanishing-activex-controls.html)

Andy Ives[_2_]

Vanishing ActiveX Controls

Now here's a weird one and I hope someone can help.

I have a number of spreadsheets that contain some ActiveX controls from the
Control Toolbox. (generally the controls are labels, text boxes and command
buttons)

I have a laptop plugged into a docking station as my main machine and all is
ok.
However, I have just taken my laptop to another office in the building,
opened the spreadsheets as part of a presentation and the activeX controls
appeared briefly (about quarter of a second) then disappeared. Some text box
controls on the worksheets also got the red X in the corner that you get on
websites when graphics can't be loaded.

Upon taking the same laptop back to my desk and opening the same files, the
ActiveX controls were all back and OK.

The sheets were created in XL97 but I am now using XL2003 following an XP
upgrade in the office. During the presentation, the laptop was also connected
to a data projector.

Any help/advice gratefully received!

Cheers

Andy