Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
FCS FCS is offline

Default How do I update a ODBC query in Excel using pivotTables in VBA?

I have a worksheet with a Pivot Table whose source data is an Access Database
encrypted using a Workgroup File (.mdw). I created a User DSN within the
OBDC Object Administrator and I specified the .mdw file. I created the
PivotTable by pointing to my DSN data source and I created the new Pivot
Table succesfully.

I moved the files (.mdb .mdw and .xls) to another computer with the same
versions of Windows and Office and recreated the DSN entry but now I can not
refresh the data. I get an error message saying "OBDC Microsoft Access
Driver Login Failed. Cannot start your application. The workgroup
information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user". What is
wrong? How can I check the workgroup file used in the original pivottable in
VBA and how can I change it?