-   -   How do you hide macro names from showing in "Tools"? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/345148-how-do-you-hide-macro-names-showing-tools.html)

Nashua

How do you hide macro names from showing in "Tools"?

I've written an application and I've protected both the worksheets an
the VBA code. But the macros still show in Tools, Macros, Macros...

A user can still select and run a macro from the Tools menu. I want t
control all macros from the buttons I have on the various sheets of th
workbook. Can I hide the macro names and/or prevent "Run" from bein
chosen?

Thanks in advance.
Nashu

--
Nashu
Nashua's Profile: http://www.highdots.com/forums/m142

Peter Rooney

How do you hide macro names from showing in "Tools"?

Nashua,

Try putting this at the beginning of the module:

Option Private Module

Regards

Pete

"Nashua" wrote:

I've written an application and I've protected both the worksheets and
the VBA code. But the macros still show in Tools, Macros, Macros...

A user can still select and run a macro from the Tools menu. I want to
control all macros from the buttons I have on the various sheets of the
workbook. Can I hide the macro names and/or prevent "Run" from being
chosen?

Thanks in advance.
Nashua

--