-   -   Schedule Print Excel Document (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/345100-schedule-print-excel-document.html)

RWG

Schedule Print Excel Document

I have a Excel report I need to print automatically every morning, generally
before I get in. I can use the scheduler to open the spreadsheet, I don't
need to update the data, just print it. Don't even need to open the
spreadsheet unless necessary. Is there a command line switch I can use to
just print the document without leaving the document open. Sort of like if
you right click and select print on a document.

JNW

Schedule Print Excel Document

You can place in the Workbook_Open event a command to print and then close
the workbook. Something like the following in the ThisWorkbook part of the
code:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
ActiveWorkbook.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True 'prints entire workbook
Application.Quit 'closes excel
End Sub

Only thing is that you would have to either digitally sign the file so you
wouldn't have to approve macros on opening, or set security to low.