-   -   Macro to compare cell contents and make calculations (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/344963-macro-compare-cell-contents-make-calculations.html)

Stereolab

Macro to compare cell contents and make calculations

Hello,

I'm trying to write a macro that will downcount inventory on an Exce
spreadsheet as long as the part number value has not changed.

My logic is as follows:

If (Part current) = (Part previous), then Stock (current row) = Stoc
(previous row) - Qty (previous row)

I tried to code this in VB as follows:

If Cells(-1, -3) = Cells(0, -3) Then Cells(0, 6) = Cells(-1, 6) - Cell
(-1, 1)

This doesn't work, and I am not sure why. I have played around wit
parentheses, added ".Value", and anything else I thought might work
Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

--
Stereola
Stereolab's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2863

Rowan Drummond[_3_]

Macro to compare cell contents and make calculations

Maybe like this:

With ActiveCell
If .Offset(-1, -3) = .Offset(0, -3) Then _
.Offset(0, 6) = .Offset(-1, 6) - .Offset(-1, 1)
End With

Hope this helps
Rowan

Stereolab wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to write a macro that will downcount inventory on an Excel
spreadsheet as long as the part number value has not changed.

My logic is as follows:

If (Part current) = (Part previous), then Stock (current row) = Stock
(previous row) - Qty (previous row)

I tried to code this in VB as follows:

If Cells(-1, -3) = Cells(0, -3) Then Cells(0, 6) = Cells(-1, 6) - Cells
(-1, 1)

This doesn't work, and I am not sure why. I have played around with
parentheses, added ".Value", and anything else I thought might work.
Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Stereolab[_2_]

Macro to compare cell contents and make calculations

Rowan,

THANK YOU.

You are my hero.

--
Stereolab
Stereolab's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28635

Rowan Drummond[_3_]

Macro to compare cell contents and make calculations

You're welcome.

Stereolab wrote:
Rowan,

THANK YOU.