-   -   COMPARE 2 WORKBOOKS (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/344900-compare-2-workbooks.html)

dgr

COMPARE 2 WORKBOOKS

Dear All

I need a VB macro for the following purpose.

The scenario:-
I have a workbook(book1.xls) with 10 sheets(Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3
etc). All sheets contain data(text) in column A. I have anothe
workbook(book2.xls) with 1 sheet(Sheet1). This book also contain
data(text) in column A.

What I want to achieve:-
1. If the data in cell A1 from book2.xls is found anywhere i
book1.xls, then cut cell A1 from book2.xls and paste in next to th
found cell in book1.xls.
2. Repeat process for cell A2, A3, etc until there are no more data i
book2.xls or there are no more matches.

Example:-
1. The data in cell A6530 of book2.xls is also found in Sheet9 cel
A8665 of book1.xls.
2. Cell A6530 of book2.xls is cut & pasted in Sheet9 cell B8665 o
book1.xls

Additional info:
1. The number of rows in book2.xls are not fixed(may change)
2. The number of rows in all 10 sheets in book1.xls are not fixed(ma
change).
3. I need the script to MATCH CASE when searching
4. I need the script to search partial matches
5. Book1.xls is really BIG so the code must not run out of memor
halfway

Thanks a lot for contributing your knowledge.

ROBERT RA