-   -   Calculating hours between two points in time (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/344805-calculating-hours-between-two-points-time.html)

John Pierce

Calculating hours between two points in time

I need a way of calculating the length of events
at work that start and end at various times,
sometimes spanning several days. I have been
working with a formula using NETWORKDAYS
that I got on Chip Pearson's site and I get good
results for most events but the problem is that we
are open on Saturday and NETWORKDAYS
eliminates those hours. I do want to eliminate
Sundays and Holidays so I was wondering if
there was a custom worksheet formula or VBA
procedure that could accomodate a six-day work week.

JohnDK[_7_]

Calculating hours between two points in time

why not just subtract end time from start time and format as [h:mm:ss]
to get hours,minutes and sec.
Or take result of subtraction and multiply by 1440 and divide by 60.
Format as general and get decimal hours.

--
JohnDK
JohnDK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7184