-   -   Advanced Filter stopped working. URGENT (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/344765-advanced-filter-stopped-working-urgent.html)

Bren

Advanced Filter stopped working. URGENT

Dear Excel gods, goddesses, and gurus,

An Advanced Filter I had been using successfully to extract data to another
worksheet following Debra Dalgiesh's excellent instructions is no longer
working. I have checked and rechecked the the range, criteria, and copy to:
specs and have tried simplifying the criteria and filtering the list in place
to no avail. The result is nothing is being filtered out.

Urgent. Need today for a blood drive. Thanks.

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Advanced Filter stopped working. URGENT

Any details, rather than just the dilemma?

--

HTH

RP

"Bren" wrote in message
Dear Excel gods, goddesses, and gurus,

An Advanced Filter I had been using successfully to extract data to

another
worksheet following Debra Dalgiesh's excellent instructions is no longer
working. I have checked and rechecked the the range, criteria, and copy

to:
specs and have tried simplifying the criteria and filtering the list in

place
to no avail. The result is nothing is being filtered out.

Urgent. Need today for a blood drive. Thanks.

Bren

Advanced Filter stopped working. URGENT

Did you get the e-mail and file that I sent to you directly? I deleted the
nothere in the address.

"Bren" wrote in message
Dear Excel gods, goddesses, and gurus,

An Advanced Filter I had been using successfully to extract data to

another
worksheet following Debra Dalgiesh's excellent instructions is no longer
working. I have checked and rechecked the the range, criteria, and copy

to:
specs and have tried simplifying the criteria and filtering the list in

place
to no avail. The result is nothing is being filtered out.

Urgent. Need today for a blood drive. Thanks.

Bren

Advanced Filter stopped working. URGENT

Problem is solved thanks to Debra Dalgleish (correct spelling) at
Contextures.com (a real angel), who spotted a blank line in the criteria
range created when I switched from using OR criteria to AND criteria and
which was allowing all the data to pass through.

"Bren" wrote:

Dear Excel gods, goddesses, and gurus,

An Advanced Filter I had been using successfully to extract data to another
worksheet following Debra Dalgiesh's excellent instructions is no longer
working. I have checked and rechecked the the range, criteria, and copy to:
specs and have tried simplifying the criteria and filtering the list in place
to no avail. The result is nothing is being filtered out.

Urgent. Need today for a blood drive. Thanks.

Tom Ogilvy

Advanced Filter stopped working. URGENT

A better initial question would have been

This criteria was working for advanced filter
- show the criteria

I changed it to this
- show new criteria

and it copies all the records.

What I want to get is this
Verbal description of your criteria.

What should the criteria range look like

Tom Ogilvy