-   -   Validation List Box (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/344745-validation-list-box.html)

SMBR

Validation List Box

I am using a validation list box but would like the list to not show any
blank cells that are in my list range. Is that possible?

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Validation List Box

You would need to filter out the blanks into a new list and show that.

This formula will create a new such list

=IF(ISERROR(SMALL(IF($A$1:$A$20<"",ROW($A1:$A20), ""),ROW($A1:$A20))),"",
INDEX($A$1:$A$20,SMALL(IF($A$1:$A$20<"",ROW($A1:$ A20),""),ROW($A1:$A20))))

it is an array formula, select a range of cells for the no-blanks data, ad
the formula to the formula bar, and Ctrl-Shift-Enter

--

HTH

RP

"SMBR" wrote in message
I am using a validation list box but would like the list to not show any
blank cells that are in my list range. Is that possible?

mcs51mc

Validation List Box

Hi Bob,

I tried out your formula but it didn't work well :confused:

Is this what your formula should do?
1) list with blanks in cells A1:A20
2) copy 20 times your formula in, let say, C1:C20 so that this range
contains no blanks (except at the end af course)

Thanks for any reaction
Alain

--
mcs51mc
mcs51mc's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28645

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Validation List Box

Alain,

Yes that is it. Remember to array enter it.

--

HTH

RP

"mcs51mc" wrote in
message ...

Hi Bob,

I tried out your formula but it didn't work well :confused:

Is this what your formula should do?
1) list with blanks in cells A1:A20
2) copy 20 times your formula in, let say, C1:C20 so that this range
contains no blanks (except at the end af course)

Thanks for any reaction
Alain

--
mcs51mc
mcs51mc's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=482204

mcs51mc[_2_]

Validation List Box

Bob Phillips Wrote:
Alain,

Yes that is it. Remember to array enter it.That array thing does it all :) Thanks a lot it works now