-   -   CSV separator in macro? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/344736-csv-separator-macro.html)

Pete

CSV separator in macro?

I've changed the list separator to semicolon. Now I try to open csv file
(delimited by semicolons) from macro with command: Workbooks.Open
FileName:="filename.csv", but it doesn't work. The entire row open to first
cell. how can I tell in open command the separator is semicolon?

Tom Ogilvy

CSV separator in macro?

Use the OpenText method instead. Also, you will probably need to rename the
file to have a .txt extension. sometimes Excel makes its own decisions when
opening .CSV files.

or you can use Chip Pearson's code (or write your own)
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm import/export text files

Tom Ogilvy