-   -   VB Find String located after "/" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/344715-vbulletin-find-string-located-after.html)

Sami82[_21_]

VB Find String located after "/"

:confused:
Hi All,

I need to create a macro (to sit within another macro) which looks at a
string of text and copies the 8 characters after it. For example

line:
customer name invoice 1254254875
$12,053.33

String to look for (may be on various lines)
invoice

string to copy
1254254875

Thank you.

--
Sami82
Sami82's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27111

David

VB Find String located after "/"

In A1 I have abc/123 and in B1 the formula I used was
=MID(A1,FIND("/",A1,1)+1,LEN(A1)-FIND("/",A1,1))
Hope this helps.
--
David

"Sami82" wrote:

:confused:
Hi All,

I need to create a macro (to sit within another macro) which looks at a
string of text and copies the 8 characters after it. For example

line:
customer name invoice 1254254875
$12,053.33

String to look for (may be on various lines)
invoice

string to copy
1254254875

Thank you.

--
Sami82
Sami82's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27111
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=482117

Sami82[_22_]

VB Find String located after "/"

Hi David,
I have done something similar, the only problem is that the macro puts
in the cell that the formula needs to sit in and the macro has problems
with the formula because of the " marks.

Any suggestions?