-   -   "tabbing" from one element to the other (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/344542-tabbing-one-element-other.html)

schoujar[_14_]

"tabbing" from one element to the other

I have a spreadsheet with a few combo boxes and text boxes on it. I want
that when the user is using control1 by pressing the tab key he should
be switched to control2. For some reason .setFocus and .Activate are
nto working!

Please help!

--
schoujar
schoujar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26574

Leith Ross[_185_]

"tabbing" from one element to the other

Hello schoujar,

In the properties sheet for the controls you will find TabIndex and
TabStop. TabIndex is a sequential number that is assigned to a control
when it is created. It has a companion property TabStop that is a
boolean value (True/False). If TabStop is True, the control will
receive the focus when the user press the Tab key. The order in which
Tabbing occurs is set by TabIndex. It starts at 0 and increases by 1.
You can reset the TabIndex of the controls to match your layout.

Sincerely,
Leith Ross

--
Leith Ross
Leith Ross's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18465

Leith Ross[_198_]

"tabbing" from one element to the other

Hello schoujar,

In the properties sheet for the controls you will find TabIndex an
TabStop. TabIndex is a sequential number that is assigned to a contro
when it is created. It has a companion property TabStop that is
boolean value (True/False). If TabStop is True, the control wil
receive the focus when the user press the Tab key. The order in whic
Tabbing occurs is set by TabIndex. It starts at 0 and increases by 1
You can reset the TabIndex of the controls to match your layout.

Sincerely,
Leith Ros

--
Leith Ros
Leith Ross's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1846
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48097

schoujar[_15_]

"tabbing" from one element to the other

thats what I would have thought. But my properties window doesn't eve
show the tabindex and tabstop properties. Whats wrong?

By the way these elements are not on a form. They are individuall
placed on a worksheet. Would that be a problem

--
schouja
schoujar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2657