-   -   How do I change color of cell or of character in a cell? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/344524-how-do-i-change-color-cell-character-cell.html)

Zoltan

How do I change color of cell or of character in a cell?

I am using a migrated* then activated version of Excel 2003. I can not change
the color of a cell or the color of a character in a cell. I was able to do
these before.Please help. Thanks.

Regards,
Frank Molnar

*I loaded the cd from my previous Dell to the new Dell and had it activated
through MS as instructed.

Dave Peterson

How do I change color of cell or of character in a cell?

Is the worksheet protected?

If no, you may want to explain what you tried in a little more detail.

(And create a new workbook and test it there, too.)

--

Dave Peterson

David McRitchie

How do I change color of cell or of character in a cell?

Hi Frank,
You should get an error message whether the sheet is protected
or from other things, and you should report what happens instead
of working when you ask for help.

Since you have loaded the file from a backup CD, I expect that
your files are read protected. Not all backups will do that, and
Windows XP will not either. To turn off the Read protect attribute
you can group select the files or go to the directory or any directory
above and then right-click to get to properties and turn off the read
only attribute.

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...p.htm#readonly

--
HTH,