-   -   Appending to Access table (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/344463-appending-access-table.html)

Pete[_24_]

Appending to Access table

I would like to appended my excel data to a access database table. I
can manualy do this but I need to programmatly do it. I also must
avoid the message "you are about to append ??? records".
Thanks for your help.

Gary L Brown

Appending to Access table

In Access...
1) Create a link to the workbook/worksheet you want to append data from
2) Create an append query.
3) Create a macro such as...
'stop warning messages
DoCmd.SetWarnings False
'append query called "Query1"
DoCmd.OpenQuery "Query1", acViewNormal, acEdit
'turn warning messages back on
DoCmd.SetWarnings True

HTH,
--
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful, please click the ''''Yes'''' button next to
''''Was this Post Helpfull to you?".