-   -   Setting EnableResize = False (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/344425-setting-enableresize-%3D-false.html)

BIta

Setting EnableResize = False

Hello,

I opened a new insatnce of Excel and then I put the followinf code
in the auto_open function

Sub auto_open
ActiveWindow.EnableResize = False
Exit Sub

And then I saved the file and closed it. When I tried to open
it I got a run-time error message:

Application-defined or object-defined error

Did I make something wrong. I don't want the user to be able to
resize the active window in Excel. What should I do?

Thanks,
--Bita

Jim Rech

Setting EnableResize = False

You want End Sub not Exit Sub.

The code should work as long as there is an active window. For instance, if
it's hidden for any reason it will fail.

--
Jim
"BIta" wrote in message
ups.com...
| Hello,
|
| I opened a new insatnce of Excel and then I put the followinf code
| in the auto_open function
|
| Sub auto_open
| ActiveWindow.EnableResize = False
| Exit Sub
|
| And then I saved the file and closed it. When I tried to open
| it I got a run-time error message:
|
| Application-defined or object-defined error
|
| Did I make something wrong. I don't want the user to be able to
| resize the active window in Excel. What should I do?
|
| Thanks,
| --Bita

BIta

Setting EnableResize = False

Sorry, I meant End Sub.

Jim Rech

Setting EnableResize = False

Oh, yeah I just remembered the reason that line fails - the window is
maximized! You have to use the WindowState property and set it to xlNormal
before you can set EnableResize.

--
Jim
"Jim Rech" wrote in message
| You want End Sub not Exit Sub.
|
| The code should work as long as there is an active window. For instance,
if
| it's hidden for any reason it will fail.
|
| --
| Jim
| "BIta" wrote in message
| ups.com...
|| Hello,
|| I opened a new insatnce of Excel and then I put the followinf code
|| in the auto_open function
|| Sub auto_open
|| ActiveWindow.EnableResize = False
|| Exit Sub
|| And then I saved the file and closed it. When I tried to open
|| it I got a run-time error message:
|| Application-defined or object-defined error
|| Did I make something wrong. I don't want the user to be able to
|| resize the active window in Excel. What should I do?
|| Thanks,
|| --Bita

BIta

Setting EnableResize = False

Thanks Jim a lot. I found another way too:

Application.ActiveWorkbook.Protect Structu=True, Winodws:=True

Cheers,
--Bita