Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default using xlDialogChartSourceData

Hello all,
I need the user to be able to select a cell/range. I would like to use the
built-in dialog xlDialogChartSourceData, however only recieve error messeges.
The MS Documentation states that there are no paramaters required to call
it, however I am having no luck at all. I know that I can use my own form
with a RefEdit control, however I would like ot minimize the number of forms
in my app.

Anyone have any luck with this dialog??

Any help appreciated.

Jeff
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
I believe showing xlDialogChartSourceData requires a chart to be selected.
Is it your case?
If you want to select a range indepenmdently from a chart, ie in a general
case, use the InputBox from the Application object with Type:=8 for range
(see online help):

Sub test()
Dim rg As Range

On Error Resume Next
Set rg = Application.InputBox(prompt:="Select a range",
Title:="Selector", Default:=Selection.Address, Type:=8)
If Err < 0 Then ' Cancel was pressed, no range selected
MsgBox "no range selected"
Else
MsgBox "User selected: " & rg.Address

Sébastien