-   -   Protect a worksheet but allow column resize (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/344339-protect-worksheet-but-allow-column-resize.html)

Phil Jollans

Protect a worksheet but allow column resize

Hi,

I am generating a worksheet and enabling protection and I notice that it is
impossible to resize the columns.

Is there any way to protect a worksheet, but allow the user to resize the
columns?

I am using Excel 2000.

Phil

Tom Ogilvy

Protect a worksheet but allow column resize

In Excel 2000,
Not really.

You could write a macro that provides an interface to the user and then the
code resizes the column. You could do this by having your code unprotect
the sheet, size the column, protect the sheet, or using the
UserInterfaceOnly:=True property of the protection method (only available in
code).

Tom Ogilvy