-   -   SaveAs and always overwrite? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/344273-saveas-always-overwrite.html)

Maury Markowitz

SaveAs and always overwrite?

I have an Access VBA script that uses XL to create a small workbook and then
save it. It is not uncommon to run it a couple of times a day, but every time
we do it puts up a dialog asking if you want to overwrite it?

Is there any way to turn this off? Is ConflicResoution the way? It doesn't
seem to be. If it is, how do I decode the enum into a real int value?

Maury

Chip Pearson

SaveAs and always overwrite?

You can set the DisplayAlerts property to False to prevent the
overwrite confirmation message. E.g.,

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs "H:\book1.xls"
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

Since the script is running under Access, change 'Application' to
your variable which references the Excel application.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

You can set the DisplayAlerts property to False to prevent the
overwrite confirmation message. E.g.,

Thanks, I'll try that out tonight.

Maury

Dave Peterson