-   -   SQL query in Excel - help ! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/344173-sql-query-excel-help.html)

facet

SQL query in Excel - help !

I needed to build a query within an Excel spreadsheet. This query takes
parameters form cells in other spreadsheet.
The problem I faced is that I don't know what value needs to be put into the
cell in order to select all values for given parameter in the examlpe below
this would be "Country" and "Product". I tried many things but none of them
works e.g. "*"

..........WHERE (`Sheet1$`.Country=?) AND (`Sheet1$`.Product=?)

Thanks a milion for someone who know a simple solution.
Cheers

Jim May

SQL query in Excel - help !

Check out the Sumproduct() function.
This will do the trick.

"facet" wrote in message
I needed to build a query within an Excel spreadsheet. This query takes
parameters form cells in other spreadsheet.
The problem I faced is that I don't know what value needs to be put into
the
cell in order to select all values for given parameter in the examlpe
below
this would be "Country" and "Product". I tried many things but none of
them
works e.g. "*"

.........WHERE (`Sheet1$`.Country=?) AND (`Sheet1$`.Product=?)

Thanks a milion for someone who know a simple solution.
Cheers

Bob Phillips[_6_]

SQL query in Excel - help !

How have you built the query? Can we see the code?

--

HTH

RP

"facet" wrote in message
I needed to build a query within an Excel spreadsheet. This query takes
parameters form cells in other spreadsheet.
The problem I faced is that I don't know what value needs to be put into

the
cell in order to select all values for given parameter in the examlpe

below
this would be "Country" and "Product". I tried many things but none of

them
works e.g. "*"

.........WHERE (`Sheet1$`.Country=?) AND (`Sheet1$`.Product=?)

Thanks a milion for someone who know a simple solution.
Cheers

facet

SQL query in Excel - help !

How exactly should I use this function ? Could you get me some example ?
Cheers

"facet" wrote in message
I needed to build a query within an Excel spreadsheet. This query takes
parameters form cells in other spreadsheet.
The problem I faced is that I don't know what value needs to be put into
the
cell in order to select all values for given parameter in the examlpe
below
this would be "Country" and "Product". I tried many things but none of
them
works e.g. "*"

.........WHERE (`Sheet1$`.Country=?) AND (`Sheet1$`.Product=?)

Thanks a milion for someone who know a simple solution.
Cheers

Jim May

SQL query in Excel - help !

Go to: