-   -   question about filtering (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/344129-question-about-filtering.html)

dok112[_54_]

question about filtering

Hey everyone.

I have a sheet full of data, and in Column R3C1 I have the date which
has a filter set on it. In Columns R3C2:R3C17 is various data related
to those dates. On a seperate sheet, I have a running average of each
column. However, when I filter out certain dates, it is still
including them in the average. How can I write it to avoid having the
filtered out information not appear in the averages on the other
sheet??

--
dok112
dok112's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10581

Tom Ogilvy

question about filtering

Use the Subtotal worksheet function. See help for details. Look before
you say I don't want a total I want an average.

Tom Ogilvy

"dok112" wrote in
message ...