-   -   How can a macro accept keyboard inputwhile running? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/344111-how-can-macro-accept-keyboard-inputwhile-running.html)

WillyNPG

How can a macro accept keyboard inputwhile running?

How do you set up a mcro in excel 2003 to accept keyboard input when it is run?

galimi[_2_]

How can a macro accept keyboard inputwhile running?

You can use the InputBox command

z = InputBox("Test", "Test")

Z will return whatever value is typed into the prompt that will be displayed
upon running.
--
http://HelpExcel.com
1-888-INGENIO

"WillyNPG" wrote:

How do you set up a mcro in excel 2003 to accept keyboard input when it is run?

Gil Gray

How can a macro accept keyboard inputwhile running?

Is there no other way to to do this other than the input box - just seems too
"kludgy" to me. I am working on a macro which moves through input cells and
would like to do the same thing without all the pop up input boxes?