-   -   what if system time is changed? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/343954-what-if-system-time-changed.html)

JNW

what if system time is changed?

I have a form that should only be filled out if my department is closed. If
we are open we want to talk to the submitter directly. I've got all of the
code worked out and it works just fine.

Since my code relies on the NOW function, what if someone changes the system
time? Possibly a long shot, but with everything that has been going on where
I work, I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

Is there a way to pull the current time from somewhere else?

Thanks
JNW

Norman Jones

what if system time is changed?

Hi JNW,

See posts by Dave Peterson and Dana DeLouis in the following thread:

http://tinyurl.com/8km6p

---
Regards,
Norman

"JNW" wrote in message
I have a form that should only be filled out if my department is closed.
If
we are open we want to talk to the submitter directly. I've got all of
the
code worked out and it works just fine.

Since my code relies on the NOW function, what if someone changes the
system
time? Possibly a long shot, but with everything that has been going on
where
I work, I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

Is there a way to pull the current time from somewhere else?

Thanks
JNW

JNW

what if system time is changed?