-   -   AddItem with multi-column listBox (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/343813-additem-multi-column-listbox.html)

David

AddItem with multi-column listBox

Greetings everyone
I'm trying to learn something about list boxes. I have suceeded with loading
a 2 column listBox with a 2 dimensional array but would be interested to know
how to use AddItem. Let's say I just want to load "dog" and "cat" into the
first row of a 2 column list box using AddItem without building an array
first. Please give me some example code
TIA

Bob Phillips[_6_]

AddItem with multi-column listBox

With ListBox1
.AddItem "dog"
.List(.ListCount - 1, 1) = "cat"
End With

--

HTH

RP

"David" wrote in message
Greetings everyone
I'm trying to learn something about list boxes. I have suceeded with

a 2 column listBox with a 2 dimensional array but would be interested to

know
how to use AddItem. Let's say I just want to load "dog" and "cat" into the
first row of a 2 column list box using AddItem without building an array
first. Please give me some example code
TIA

Tom Ogilvy

AddItem with multi-column listBox

Listbox1.AddItem "dog"
Listbox1.List(Listbox1.Listcount-1,1) = "cat"

Tom Ogilvy

"David" wrote in message
Greetings everyone
I'm trying to learn something about list boxes. I have suceeded with

a 2 column listBox with a 2 dimensional array but would be interested to

know
how to use AddItem. Let's say I just want to load "dog" and "cat" into the
first row of a 2 column list box using AddItem without building an array
first. Please give me some example code
TIA

Leith Ross[_115_]

AddItem with multi-column listBox

Hello David,

The AddItem method inserts a single Row into the ListBox. The
ColumnCount property sets the number of Columns. You cna then set the
individual columns using the Column property. The code example shows
how to add the data without creating an Array. You can use the Column
property in your code to get or set a Column Value in a given row.
Remember Line, Column, and Row numbers start at zero.

COLUMN PROPERTY FORMAT:
Column(<-column number-, <-row number-)

CODE EXAMPLE:
With ListBox1
ColumnCount = 2
AddItem
Column(0, 0) = "Cat"
Column(1, 0) = "Dog"
End With

CHANGE A COLUMN VALUE:
ListBox1.Column(1, 0) = "Rat"

Sincerely,
Leith Ross

--
Leith Ross
Leith Ross's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18465

David

AddItem with multi-column listBox

Thanks Leith, Bob & Tom,
I've got it now, the 'penny has dropped'
I couldn't see the steps: first add a row, then populate it. I was trying to
populate as part of the AddItem method
Much appreciated
--
David