-   -   Windows - Mac and VBA-comptability (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/343803-windows-mac-vba-comptability.html)

SIGE

Windows - Mac and VBA-comptability

Hi There,

I am considering a new PC / MAC.
I never owned a MAC before but I am tempted to go this way ... it is
just the VBA-comptability that keeps me away.

Googling a bit, there seems to be more that does not work than that is
working!

- MAC's are running on VBA5 still .. not 6 .. not .NET will they soon?
-API functions , Active X controls I can forget ...
-No Pivot Charts
-No JPEG-formats on Userforms
- And so on and on ...

I assume the MAC-Excel has to run under virtual PC?
Will a new version of Virtual PC / MAC-excel overcome this problems?
= When?

I do not know when Office 12 is going to be released, I think somewhere
end 2006?

As finally some major enhancements will be introduced ...
http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/default.aspx

.... MAC no option unless I wait another 5 years?

All info welcome,

Brgds Sige

Tom Ogilvy

Windows - Mac and VBA-comptability

[...]