-   -   macro question - selecting the right column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/343788-macro-question-selecting-right-column.html)

Brad

macro question - selecting the right column

I have information in columns from C to CA that I need to put (cut) into
column C

The following macro lacks one item - an ability to keep moving over to the
correct column and cutting the appropriate items. By this I mean
Range"D2".select then Range"E2".select ... This process will have to go until
I reach Range"CA2".select

Any help would be appreciated

Sub cutandcopy()
'
' cutandcopy Macro

'

'
Range("D2").Select
Selection.Cut
Range("C2").Select
Selection.End(xlDown).Select
Range("C122").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Selection.End(xlUp).Select
Range("E2").Select
Selection.Cut
Range("C2").Select
Selection.End(xlDown).Select
Range("C242").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
End Sub

Tom Ogilvy

macro question - selecting the right column

Sub copydata()
Dim rng as Range, rng1 as Range, cell as Range
set rng = Range("D2:CA2")
for each cell in rng
set rng1 = range(cell,cell.End(xldown))
if isempty(Range("C2")) then
rng1.copy Destination:=Range("C2")
else
rng1.Copy Destination:=Range("C2").End(xldown)(2)
end if
Next
Range(Range("D2:CA2"), _
Range("D2:CA2").End(xldown)).ClearContents

Tom Ogilvy

"Brad" wrote in message
[...]

Jim Thomlinson[_4_]

macro question - selecting the right column

Give this a try...

Sub Test()
Dim rngCurrent As Range
Dim rngCopy As Range
Dim rngPaste As Range

Set rngCurrent = Range("D2")
Set rngCopy = Range(rngCurrent, Cells(Rows.Count,
rngCurrent.Column).End(xlUp))
Set rngPaste = Cells(Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)

Do While rngCurrent.Column < 80
Set rngCurrent = rngCurrent.Offset(0, 1)
rngCopy.Cut rngPaste
Set rngPaste = Cells(Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
Set rngCopy = Range(rngCurrent, Cells(Rows.Count,
rngCurrent.Column).End(xlUp))
Loop
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Brad" wrote:

[...]

Thank you very much it worked - I will have to study the code to find out
what it is doing.