-   -   User defined functions: Where to keep in VBA? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/343507-user-defined-functions-where-keep-vba.html)

GreenInIowa

User defined functions: Where to keep in VBA?

Hi,

I would like to define some functions and would like these to be available
to me all the time (regardless of what workbook I am working with).
1) Where should I store them?

2) Related to this question, let say that I stored them locally in my
computer (Personal.xls) and then I decided to send my files to someone who
needs to see the results calculated by these functions. Can he see them? If
not, how can I ensure that he can see.

Thanks.

Jim Thomlinson[_4_]

User defined functions: Where to keep in VBA?

Probably creating an addin would work better for you. Place all of the
function that you want in a workbook and save it as an addin. It is easy to
distribute and a handy way to add general utilities and functionallity. There
is lots of info on creating addins on this site if you search for it.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"GreenInIowa" wrote:

Hi,

I would like to define some functions and would like these to be available
to me all the time (regardless of what workbook I am working with).
1) Where should I store them?

2) Related to this question, let say that I stored them locally in my
computer (Personal.xls) and then I decided to send my files to someone who
needs to see the results calculated by these functions. Can he see them? If
not, how can I ensure that he can see.

Thanks.

GreenInIowa

User defined functions: Where to keep in VBA?

I thought there may be another way around. Thanks for your response, Jim.

GreenInIowa