-   -   Automatically naming sheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/343498-automatically-naming-sheets.html)

ForSale[_60_]

Automatically naming sheets

I have a list of names in Sheet1.range("a1:z1"). I want each sheet to
be named after a different name in the list. For example, I want
sheet2.name to be sheet1.range("a1"). Is there any quick way to
automate this.
Thanks,

--
ForSale
ForSale's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11896

Paul Sheppard[_15_]

ForSale Wrote:
I have a list of names in Sheet1.range("a1:z1"). I want each sheet to
be named after a different name in the list. For example, I want
sheet2.name to be sheet1.range("a1"). Is there any quick way to
automate this.
Thanks,

Hi Forsale

You can use this macro

Sub update_all_names()
For Each sh In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets
sh.Activate
sh.Name = Cells(1, 1).Value
Next sh

Paul Sheppard

Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24783
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=478338

JE McGimpsey

Automatically naming sheets

One way:

Dim i As Long
On Error Resume Next ' in case invalid or duplicate name
For i = 2 To Worksheets.Count
Worksheets(i).Name = Sheet1.Cells(1, i - 1).Text
Next i
On Error GoTo 0