-   -   how to copy selction (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/343440-how-copy-selction.html)

Chimanrao

how to copy selction

how do I copy selected cells from one workbook to another?
I am using com based plugin where I on click of a button I create a new
workbook and copy the selection from the active sheet to this new
workbook.

regards
Chimanrao

andreww

how to copy selction

Hi Chimanrao - I can't recall the code exactly, but when I am trying to do
something like this I use the record macro facility and then adjust the code
to make it work exactly the way I want.

any help?

Regards

Andrew

"Chimanrao" wrote in message
oups.com...
how do I copy selected cells from one workbook to another?
I am using com based plugin where I on click of a button I create a new
workbook and copy the selection from the active sheet to this new
workbook.

regards
Chimanrao

andreww

how to copy selction

Hi Chimanrao - I can't recall the code exactly, but when I am trying to do
something like this I use the record macro facility and then adjust the code
to make it work exactly the way I want.

any help?

Regards

Andrew

"Chimanrao" wrote in message
oups.com...
how do I copy selected cells from one workbook to another?
I am using com based plugin where I on click of a button I create a new
workbook and copy the selection from the active sheet to this new
workbook.

regards
Chimanrao

Chimanrao

how to copy selction

Range("B7:C8").Select
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Sheet2").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste

The macro looks like this,but not sure how I am going to map it to COM
objects.
In my case the user can select any cell he chooses.