-   -   Excel 2003 should have "multiply multiple cells" macro / shortcut (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/343399-excel-2003-should-have-multiply-multiple-cells-macro-shortcut.html)

Tommy D

Excel 2003 should have "multiply multiple cells" macro / shortcut

Why cant there be a function that will multiply several highlighted cells
with a simple click, like Sigma does for addition?

Many times I need to multiply 2 to 4 adjacent cells together and I have to
write the formula. I want to be able to highlight the 2 to 4 adjacent cells
and click a button that means multiply these together. Just like the "sigma"
or Sum function only for multiplication.

Anyone have suggestions or comments?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...el.programming

Tom Ogilvy

Excel 2003 should have "multiply multiple cells" macro / shortcut

In the Sigma Dropdown, Choose more functions and Choose product

Tom Ogilvy

"Tommy D" <Tommy wrote in message
Why cant there be a function that will multiply several highlighted cells
with a simple click, like Sigma does for addition?

Many times I need to multiply 2 to 4 adjacent cells together and I have to
write the formula. I want to be able to highlight the 2 to 4 adjacent

cells
and click a button that means multiply these together. Just like the

"sigma"
or Sum function only for multiplication.

Anyone have suggestions or comments?

this