-   -   Disable prompt for external query (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/343351-disable-prompt-external-query.html)

Hall

Disable prompt for external query

My worksheet includes an external query set to run when the file is opened.

Whenever the file is opened, the user gets prompted to enable automatic
refresh.

Is this possible to automatically bypass? I'd like the query update to
happen seamlessly without any prompting.

Richard

Disable prompt for external query

This link will provide details of how to do what you want:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/as...362611033.aspx

"Hall" wrote:

My worksheet includes an external query set to run when the file is opened.

Whenever the file is opened, the user gets prompted to enable automatic
refresh.

Is this possible to automatically bypass? I'd like the query update to
happen seamlessly without any prompting.

Hall

Disable prompt for external query

Richard

I have no idea what this means. I'm not sure if you sent me to the wrong
page or to a specific piece and context or explanation is provided
elsewhere.

Please give me a bit more guidance on this...

Thx!

"Hall" wrote:

My worksheet includes an external query set to run when the file is

opened.

Whenever the file is opened, the user gets prompted to enable automatic
refresh.

Is this possible to automatically bypass? I'd like the query update to
happen seamlessly without any prompting.

Richard

Disable prompt for external query

Hall,

These are office policies, and control how every user sees and uses the
office suite.

The section you need is further down under 'Policies in the Excel policy
template'. If you talk to your system administrator about this, then they
should be able to configure the system to automatically update the query when
you open it.

I hope you can work it out!

Richard