-   -   Using Access data in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/343304-using-access-data-excel.html)

dok112[_47_]

Using Access data in Excel

Hello,

I have a Access database, CARS.mdb, and an excel file, CARS_SURVEY.xls
Inside of CARS_SURVEY.xls there is a form. It has an ongoin
connection to the CARS.mdb database. Is there a way I can tell th
form to use the database table 'Shops' and colomn 'Shop_ID', for a dro
down inside the form on CARS_SURVEY.xls?

Ex.

CARS.mdb has a table, Shops and inside Shops is 3 colomns. I want th
colomn 'Shop_ID' to be used as the list source for the dropdown list
Shop_ID on the form CARS in the excel file CARS_SURVEY.xls...

Any help provided is greatly appreciated!

--
dok11
dok112's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1058

Rowan Drummond[_3_]

Using Access data in Excel

This might help:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=244761

Regards
Rowan

dok112 wrote:
Hello,

I have a Access database, CARS.mdb, and an excel file, CARS_SURVEY.xls.
Inside of CARS_SURVEY.xls there is a form. It has an ongoing
connection to the CARS.mdb database. Is there a way I can tell the
form to use the database table 'Shops' and colomn 'Shop_ID', for a drop
down inside the form on CARS_SURVEY.xls?

Ex.

CARS.mdb has a table, Shops and inside Shops is 3 colomns. I want the
colomn 'Shop_ID' to be used as the list source for the dropdown list,
Shop_ID on the form CARS in the excel file CARS_SURVEY.xls...

Any help provided is greatly appreciated!!

Jim Thomlinson[_4_]

Using Access data in Excel

I would say that you need to look into retreiveing an ADODB record set. A
quick search of this forum or the MSDN site shoud get you started...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"dok112" wrote:

Hello,

I have a Access database, CARS.mdb, and an excel file, CARS_SURVEY.xls.
Inside of CARS_SURVEY.xls there is a form. It has an ongoing
connection to the CARS.mdb database. Is there a way I can tell the
form to use the database table 'Shops' and colomn 'Shop_ID', for a drop
down inside the form on CARS_SURVEY.xls?

Ex.

CARS.mdb has a table, Shops and inside Shops is 3 colomns. I want the
colomn 'Shop_ID' to be used as the list source for the dropdown list,
Shop_ID on the form CARS in the excel file CARS_SURVEY.xls...

Any help provided is greatly appreciated!!

--
dok112
dok112's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10581
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=477729

dok112[_52_]

Using Access data in Excel

Is there a way I can use the info provided above to show 2 data sources
in the 1 combobox? I want to use Shop_ID & Shop_Name...the link
provides for only 1 in the colomn. I want the combobox to show
"Shop_ID Shop_Name" as a selection...