-   -   Adding text after save (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/343265-adding-text-after-save.html)

Rick K[_2_]

Adding text after save

I have a spreadsheet that is saved as a .csv and then sent to a customer
(info contains their product in storage). [Saving the workbook via vba is no
problem]. My trouble lies in the fiirst line of the .csv file which must
contain specific ICC data (with specific spacing/positioning) information.
The data is as below:

Dim myStr As String
myStr = "{ICC}DATBOOK" & Space(1) & "ZZ:CJKUSA" & Space(9) &
"ZZ:MGHDATA" & Space(9) & Date & Time

My problem is how to insert this information into line 1 after the file is
saved to csv (in vba)
I want this to occur automaticly for my user.

Any thought??
Rick

Tom Ogilvy

Adding text after save

Working with Sequential Access Files

http://www.applecore99.com/gen/gen029.asp

http://support.microsoft.com/support...eio/fileio.asp
http://web.archive.org/web/200404050...eio/fileio.asp
File Access with Visual Basic® for Applications

believe you would have to read the file and write a new one inserting the
line. This assumes you can't insert that line at the top of the data in
Excel before saving.

Tom Ogilvy

"Rick K" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that is saved as a .csv and then sent to a customer
(info contains their product in storage). [Saving the workbook via vba is

no
problem]. My trouble lies in the fiirst line of the .csv file which must
contain specific ICC data (with specific spacing/positioning) information.
The data is as below:

Dim myStr As String
myStr = "{ICC}DATBOOK" & Space(1) & "ZZ:CJKUSA" & Space(9) &
"ZZ:MGHDATA" & Space(9) & Date & Time

My problem is how to insert this information into line 1 after the file is
saved to csv (in vba)
I want this to occur automaticly for my user.

Any thought??
Rick

sebastienm

Adding text after save

Hi,

You could use the SaveCopyAs method:
- say you have book1.xls open
- do a SaveCopyAs on book1.xls into mybook.xls
- the result is : you still have book1.xls open and it has been saved into a
copy mybook.xls

so for you case:
- say your book is book1.xls
- change {ICC}
- SaveCopyAs into a csv file, say book_for_customer1.csv
[book1.xls is still open]
- rollover the generic {ICC} tag
[book1 is now as i first was before this process started]

Would that work for you?
Sébastien
<http://www.ondemandanalysis.com