-   -   Porting Modules (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/343131-porting-modules.html)

Mel Monroe

Porting Modules

I am using a VBA to spawn a spreadsheet as a subset from a larger database
and would like to port a pre-coded module from the main spreadsheet into the
new, spawned one. Does anyone know how I can copy modules wholesale using
VBA into a new spreadsheet?

Jim Thomlinson[_4_]

Porting Modules

Have a look at this link...

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.htm
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Mel Monroe" wrote:

I am using a VBA to spawn a spreadsheet as a subset from a larger database
and would like to port a pre-coded module from the main spreadsheet into the
new, spawned one. Does anyone know how I can copy modules wholesale using
VBA into a new spreadsheet?

Nigel

Porting Modules

Apart from copying the module in - see http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.htm

You might also consider creating a template file with the required code
already in it. Just open the template,drop your data in and save it with
the required name. This assumes you want the same code and structure each
time for different data sets.

--
Cheers
Nigel