-   -   Is it possible to unprotect a workbook without opening it? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/343108-possible-unprotect-workbook-without-opening.html)

FrigidDigit[_2_]

Is it possible to unprotect a workbook without opening it?

Hi All,

I was accessing workbooks via Ron de Bruin's ADO examples without a hitch.
That is, until I encountered some workbooks that are protected.

Is there any way to unprotect a workbook without opening it?

Any input much appreciated.

Frid

Chip Pearson

Is it possible to unprotect a workbook without opening it?

No, you must open the workbook in order to unprotect it.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"FrigidDigit" wrote in message
Hi All,

I was accessing workbooks via Ron de Bruin's ADO examples
without a hitch. That is, until I encountered some workbooks
that are protected.

Is there any way to unprotect a workbook without opening it?

Any input much appreciated.

Frid

FrigidDigit[_2_]

Is it possible to unprotect a workbook without opening it?

Thanks for the quick response Chip!

BTW great site, its helped me a lot!

FD