-   -   VBA code to edit a formula in excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/342972-vba-code-edit-formula-excel.html)

[email protected]

VBA code to edit a formula in excel?

I am trying to come up with some code that would take a formula and
edit to put in the ROUND function to round the result to 2 places.

Thank you for any ideas.

JE McGimpsey

VBA code to edit a formula in excel?

Take a look at this article in the archives:

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...browse_thread/
thread/a1c45338385e0fff/0afe4bc0c46218c8

In article .com,
wrote:

I am trying to come up with some code that would take a formula and
edit to put in the ROUND function to round the result to 2 places.

Thank you for any ideas.

Bob Phillips[_6_]

VBA code to edit a formula in excel?

If having problems, try http://tinyurl.com/cxupr

--

HTH

RP

wrote:

I am trying to come up with some code that would take a formula and
edit to put in the ROUND function to round the result to 2 places.

Thank you for any ideas.

Gary Keramidas

VBA code to edit a formula in excel?

Range("b1").Formula = "=round(" & Range("A1").Value & ",2)"

would take the value of a1 and round it to 2 places and put the result in b1

--

Gary

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am trying to come up with some code that would take a formula and
edit to put in the ROUND function to round the result to 2 places.

Thank you for any ideas.

[email protected]

VBA code to edit a formula in excel?

Thanks Gary, it works on one enty, is there a way I can apply it to a
range of highlighted cells?

I tried the other reference given but I couldn't make it work.

Thanks

Gary Keramidas

VBA code to edit a formula in excel?

see if this works for you

Option Explicit
Dim cell As Range
Sub RoundNumbers()
For Each cell In Selection
cell.Formula = "=round(" & cell.Value & ",2)"
Next

Gary

oups.com...