-   -   Microsoft Query using Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/342956-microsoft-query-using-excel.html)

Krish

Microsoft Query using Excel

I am trying to create a Pivot table in Excel, using Microsoft Query linking
to SQL database. SQL stores the date as Date/Time. It becomes impossible to
group in Excel using Pivot Table, by date/time. I want to create a record in
Microsoft query using the date field, but convert to Date only as dd/mm/yyyy
and retain the format as Date and not as Text. I have tried Left(Date,11)
and Convert(VARCHAR,1,101), none of them work. Could someone help me with
the correct syntax. Microsoft query does not recognize MID.

Thanks

Krish

Tom Ogilvy

Microsoft Query using Excel

Excel stores dates as Date/Time. If your values are being stored as strings
or you are missing a value, then you won't be able to group.

Tom Ogilvy